Since 1950, TIMET has been leading the industry in mill and melted products, supplying nearly one-fifth of the world's titanium. We are the only supplier with production facilities in both the United States and Europe to support our multinational customer base.
The Maintenance Superintendent will oversee an assigned area of maintenance. The position is responsible for and will be held accountable for the following:
- Safety performance of the supervisors and crews assigned to them.
- Following and enforcing established TIMET policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
- Service inspections and functional inspections completed on schedule.
- Schedule compliance.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Ensure compliance with all Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Be fair and consistent.
- Maintain a sufficient work force with supervision to meet expectations.
- Support production and help to meet their established goals.
- Ensure compliance with Plant Quality Standards.
- Equipment inspections and services.
- Non-routine repairs.
- Planned and scheduled Maintenance Work Orders (MWO’s)
- Monitor and control maintenance labor costs (overtime, absenteeism, work crew sizing and productivity)
- Monitor and control maintenance material and supply costs.
- Ensure that each supervisor assigns their crews a full shift of work, obtains satisfactory productivity and controls the quality of work.
- Ensure quality repairs to equipment and systems. Both short and long term.
- Utilizes available resources to aide others wherever needed.
- Establish and maintain an adequate training program.
- Willing to work any shift or shifts as required by absences or emergencies.
- Willing to respond on the plant emergency needs at any time or day.
OTHER: (Administrative, documentation, and training responsibilities)
- Ensure the timely completion of work by providing necessary resources.
- Manage supervisors’ vacations, timekeeping and disciplinary actions.
- Coaching and mentoring of assigned work force.
- Rating of supervisors annually or as required by the company.
- Approve and coordinate overtime when necessary.
- Perform periodic compliance checks on worksheets that are marked completed.
- Maintain safety records.
- Oversee supervisors’ safety training, new equipment orientation, new tool applications, and selected craft skill training and education.
- Coach and encourage fellow workers.
- Understand the Collective Bargaining Agreement and enforce it’s intent.
- Assist in development of yearly budgets.
- Ensure that payroll is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide direction, coaching, support and instruction to all reporting positions.
- Promote a work environment that motivates peers and subordinates.
- Provide manager with weekly reports including the next week goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
This candidate must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Two years’ maintenance supervisor experience in heavy industrial applications; prefer five years in electrical/mechanical or related field
- Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) skills.
- Computer skills in productivity applications.
- Good estimating, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Good planning and project management skills.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Good logical problem solving and analytical skills.
High school diploma or equivalent, 2 or more years of college preferred; must have a mechanical and/or electrical work-related background. 2-4 years as a supervisor with experience in maintenance or related field.
2 - 4 years’ mechanical/electrical supervisory experience with an Associates or B.S. in electrical/mechanical field. Prefer background in heavy industry, chemical or mining maintenance management.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, covered veteran status or disability.