GRINDER SET UP OPERATOR
Summary : With minimal supervision, sets up and operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal workpieces to blueprint specifications by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
· Performs all setups in a timely manner to meet production schedules
· Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches.
· Dresses wheels to specifications.
· Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces.
· Positions and secures work rest at specified height.
· Starts machine and observes operation.
· Verifies dimensions of ground work piece for conformance to specifications.
· Changes worn grinding wheels.
· Sets up automatic work feeding device.
· Grinds various types of metallic and nonmetallic materials as required.
Education and/or Experience:
Technical school certification; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience