Objective: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Ensures equipment downtime is minimized. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the safe maintenance, service and repair of the machinery and equipment located in the Plant and at remote locations. That responsibility will take the form of specific duties to be performed regularly at specific times and other duties that may be assigned from time to time. In addition, is the responsibility of the Maintenance Mechanic to assist the Operator in the performance of his job in operating the plant when necessary.
- • Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements electric motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines; following schematics, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineer specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation and listening.
• Inspect machinery and equipment for proper oil levels, pressures, temperatures and flows.
• Diagnose sources of trouble in operating equipment and perform proper repair/replacement procedures
• Properly performs LOTO procedures in isolating and de-energizing equipment and systems that are to be worked on, identify and eliminate or report unsafe conditions in the plant, and perform all tasks in a safety conscious manner
• Perform welding, cutting, brazing, pipefitting tasks as directed or required.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; uses hoists, cranes, hand and power tools and fork trucks.
• Used basic measurement tools; calipers, rulers, levels, micrometers and other measuring devices.
• Controls downtime by utilizing routine preventive maintenance techniques including instructing production personnel of day to day preventive maintenance techniques.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment including hand tools.
• Must possess working knowledge of basic pneumatics and hydraulics devices and systems.
• Basic electrical troubleshooting of circuits including analysis of electrical devices, switches and relays preferred.
• Assist maintenance management in maintaining critical spare parts inventories
• Maintains daily records of maintenance performed and assists in analyzing, identifying and defining root cause/corrective actions for equipment failures.
• Ensures good communication including documentation of issues and resolutions within the maintenance staff.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by ensuring compliance to procedures, rules and regulations.
• Functions well as a team in a team environment.
• Must be adaptable to a flexible schedule driven by operation requirements
• Clean and paint equipment and/or areas of the Plant as directed
- High School Diploma required, additional technical education preferred.
- 3 to 5 years applicable Industrial Maintenance experience including equipment maintenance.
- Technical knowledge troubleshooting mechanical equipment, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- A proven commitment to safety, attention to detail, flexibility and a recognition for diligence (urgency).
- Sufficient physical attributes to be able to perform the rigors of working in hot and cold locations, to work in a limited physical space as needed, and the ability to work at heights as needed.