US - WA - Algona
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 39 plants in the North America, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Algona Washington, Primus International - Algona is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Customers include Boeing, Airbus, and Latacore (Hinges and Supper Hinges). Primus International –Algona specializes in medium to complex titanium machining and structural mechanical assembly.
Performs a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as doors and mechanisms, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers. Aligns parts on jigs using templates and fixtures. Performs minor part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Layout parts per Manufacturing Orders and drawings and verity quantities and assembly instructions
- Pull tools, jigs, templates, and fixtures for setups and replace when complete
- Package and box assemblies for shipment per work orders and customer specifications
- Operate designated machines and hand tools as required with minimal supervision
- Familiarize oneself with Primus Assembly Processes and Procedures including applicable Business Quality Management System
- Riveting, nutplate installations, bonding, bushing and bearing installations with very little instruction
- Very good blueprint reading and basic math skills
- General Tier II level aerospace assembly concepts and procedures
- Familiarity with computer-based MRP data entry
- Good manual dexterity with ability to maintain close tolerances
- Capable of using a variety of manufacturing tools and measuring devices
- Basic English language skills and ability to read, follow, and interpret planning and work order instructions
- Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and, as required, help and/or train others
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in Manufacturing environment preferred
- Moving parts, machine noise
- Sedentary to medium activity, able to stand up to 10 hours
- Lift/Move/Position: 35 pounds occasionally; 10 pounds routinely
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.