US - MA - Grafton
Wyman-Gordon, located in Grafton MA, is a major industrial manufacturer serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, power generation, and industrial businesses. Wyman-Gordon Grafton is a 1 million sq. ft. manufacturing facility with a 50,000 ton press, 35,000 ton press and 18,000 ton press for large titanium, steel and inconel closed die forgings. Wyman Gordon is part of a highly successful, multi-billion dollar diversified manufacturer, Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC).
Provide engineering support and project management to major maintenance and capital improvement projects related to the Grafton facility buildings and plant equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Produce accurate and timely engineering calculations
- Ability to produce conceptual designs and/or design drawings and specifications for plant or outside vendor fabrications for operational requirements or projects
- Manage budget and schedule capital improvement projects
- Provide clear and thorough CAD drawings
- Manage budget, schedule, subcontractors and internal personnel on projects
- Evaluate safety requirements and regulatory compliance of designs
- Serve as an information resource to maintenance personnel
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1-5 years of experience in plant operations or maintenance
- Knowledge of fabrication and maintenance shop practices
- Mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with measuring tools
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and 3-D Drawing Software (Auto-Desk Inventor Preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good communications and organization skills
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate in confined spaces, or at heights of over 90 feet, or in dirty, wet, cold or hot conditions for extended periods
- Able to climb ladders, navigate narrow catwalks, and work in tight spaces
- Proficient with use of computer applications
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Please apply at: https://careers.precast.com/career-areas/
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.