US - NV - Henderson
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To repair, test, calibrate, and install all controlling, integrating, indicating or graphic instruments and meters.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Precision instruments and testing equipment, hand tools, power tools, soldering, welding equipment, pipe dies, etc.
MATERIALS: Cleaners, solder, oxygen, acetylene, repair parts, pipe, tubing, paint, electronic tubes, condensors, transformers, resistors, etc.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION: Shift Supervisor, Lead Person
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Helper
1. Instruct plant personnel as to instrument operations.
2. Instruct and train helpers.
3. Analyze instrument drawings and wiring diagrams.
4. Dismantle, clean, inspect, repair, and/or replace parts on instruments, meters, relays, regulators, electronic, and test equipment, etc.
5. Fabricates parts as needed.
6. Installs, tests, and calibrates new or repaired instruments, meters, electronic and test equipment, etc.
7. Works in shop or field as required.
8. Keeps working area clean.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Pass literacy test, drug screen and physical exam
- Recent Instrumentation graduate or 2 to 3 years of experience is required