Quality Inspector 1
US - CA - Compton
Quality Inspector – 2nd Shift
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 20 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Established in 1988, Alloy Processing Inc. started with eight employees in a 2,800 square foot facility located in Compton, California with a tank capacity of 3' x 2.5' x 3'. Since then, Alloy has grown to over 150 employees in a 37,000 square foot facility in Compton, California with a tank capacity of 40' x 4' x 6'. Alloy Processing became part of the PCC family in 2013 and looks to expand at a rapid pace in the coming years with significant new investments and capabilities on the horizon.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day Quality Inspections at the facility. Specifically, In Process and Final Inspections of chemically treated and painted commercial and military Aerospace parts. Inspections can include Visual, proper Paint Application, Adhesion, and Thickness.
As a member of the Quality Team, the Quality Inspector interacts and cooperates with team members to contribute to the overall efficiency, effectiveness and smooth operations of the Quality department.
The Quality Inspector – 2nd Shift (2 PM to 10:30 PM) will report to the Quality Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a working knowledge of Quality Process (AS9100) procedure requirements as they apply to inspection and manufacturing operations
- Understanding and proper use of applicable procedures, specifications, work instructions, etc.
- Reviewing, as applicable, Shop Travelers and purchase orders to determine required inspection parameters and verification of completion of previous operations, correct quantities, correct references to workmanship / acceptance criteria, part cleanliness, damage free surfaces, etc.
- Ensuring that all test equipment and materials are maintained in good working condition and that Calibration is current for items requiring calibration prior to each use
- Performing Inspections (Visual, Paint Application, Adhesion, Thickness etc.) in accordance with defined requirements / parameters and documenting the inspection / test results on the appropriate record
- Identify and segregate non-conforming product if applicable
- Performing and documenting results of all required equipment checks and reporting any nonconforming conditions to the Quality Manager
- Ensuring control of Nonconforming / age controlled material in accordance with established procedures
- Create, review and print product Certification Certificates
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company's commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Must be able to work weekends at Month, and Quarter End.
Understanding of Blue Print Reading, and basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to read and interpret work instructions on Travelers
Ability to read and interpret specifications
Ability to perform visual and mechanical inspections
Ability to document and stamp work on Travelers
Ability to use Computer Systems to track, document, and certify work
Ability to create, review and print product Certifications
Strong ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
Excellent written and oral communication skills required with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
3-5 years experience in Quality Inspection
Expereince with Aerospace Quality Inspections required