This hands-on, technically challenging position will entail all aspects of process engineering, including specification review, manufacturing process selection, metallurgical product evaluation and analysis, as well as process improvement. Primary responsibility is to review relevant specifications associated with customer requests for quotation, prepare work instructions & routings needed to manufacture such product, and solve day-to-day technical problems. The position is also responsible for providing the technical information needed to make process improvements. The key focus of this position will be to ensure product and services within the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels as well as total customer satisfaction.
• Apply lean manufacturing methods to plant process improvements.
• Take the lead on a particular area of specialism (technical, business or functional).
• Technically authoritative in their specialist area, providing expert advice as well as ensuring appropriate policies, standards, and best practice are defined and adopted.
• Lead the acquisition and implementation of new role specific capabilities for the company.
• Develop internal and external networks.
• Analyze technical problems and exercise professional judgement. Provide concise justification for decisions & record salient information. Objectively assess quality of advice & decisions once facts are established.
• Define Best Practice based on a wide understanding of internal and external practices.
• Represent the area of responsibility as the authority in the defined subject.
• Define skill and professional knowledge requirements to support the area of specialism, identify, co-ordinate & deliver appropriate training to satisfy skill and knowledge requirements.
• Pro-actively access internal and external networks of fellow specialists to further understanding of the specialist subject.
• Lead the development of specific capabilities by defining capability needs, creating proposals & achieving stakeholder approval, acquiring funding and partner support.
• Implement collaborative relationships and establish legal agreements.
• Assist in creating new routings & work instructions for all new items.
• Provide technical support for manufacturing and sales personnel.
• Assist in managing the Quality System for product quality at HBE.
• Help to drive improvement in Statistical Process Controls and root cause problem solving methods.
• Meet with vendors, customers, quality reps and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems and determine where emphasis should be placed to prevent recurrence of problem.
• Represent the company in matters pertaining to process, quality and product reliability situations in combination with Sales which may require customer visits.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Materials Science.
• Metallurgical background required.
• Experience in the aerospace and/or medical metals industry is desirable.
• Heat treatment background preferred.
• 5-6 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Capable of identifying technical problems and preventing and/or resolving issues rapidly.
• Experience in the development or improvement of SPC/SQC and ISO.
• Interpersonal skills, especially supervising workers in a technical department.
• Comfortable in a team, informal, metric driven environment which requires a strong work ethic, team orientation and hands-on management style.
• Change agent who knows how to gather and integrate information quickly.
• Project Management Skills, a logical approach to problem solving.
• Analytical skills and a big-picture understanding with short term tactical focus.
• Excellent communication skills to communicate with cross-functional peers as well as upper level management.
• Independent judgments and problem solving skills.
• Handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.